The Tool Maker is responsible for the programming and execution of mold tooling based on part input from customers by way of the quality manager. Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) milling machines and lathe; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Compensation for the Tool Maker
• Full Time (plus scheduled overtime when required)
• Shift is 6am – 430pm Monday – Thursday (some Fridays will be required)
• Salary is DOE
Responsibilities for the Tool Maker
• Development of machine code using a CAM software package (SolidWorksCAM, SolidCAM)
• Development of set-up notes and procedures and tool list
• Monitor cutting tool and hardware supply, ordering as needed
• Ordering components based on bill of materials
• When needed, assist in the design and manufacturing of production fixturing. And plant equipment
• Design is completed using a CAD software package (Solidworks)
• When needed, maintenance, and troubleshooting of CNC- and manual machinery for production of mold tooling
• Participate in tooling design reviews
• Work with the rest of product development group to derive solutions to problems as they arise
• Adhere to production schedule as maintained by management
• Maintain production efficiency levels
• Keep machine tools in clean and working order
• Fill out inspection first article and in process reports
• Communicate, support, and reinforce the values of the organization professionally
• Work in a team environment and be supportive of all company initiatives
• Maintain a safe and organized work area
• Exhibit superior safety practices every day evidenced by outstanding housekeeping at all times
• Extend treatment to all other employees of the Company as individuals with the courtesy and dignity shown to customers
• Exceed customer quality and service expectations through attention to detail
• Exercise maximum care to protect the environment by fostering and supporting responsible operating procedures
Requirements for the Tool Maker
• 3-5 years minimum CNC Machinist experience
• Experience with GD&T (geometric dimensioning & tolerancing)
• 3-5 years minimum CAM experience
• Ability to communicate with people and follow verbal and written instructions
• Must be safety minded and be able to follow safety guidelines
• Must be able to adhere to company policies and procedure
• Strong organization, scheduling, and communication skills
• Understanding manufacturing and safety standard practices.
• Proficient with standard Microsoft Office applications.
• Competent with basic inspection and measurement equipment.
• The ability to work independently or as a team.
• SolidCam, SolidWorksCAM and Solidworks a plus
• Permanent Mold experience is a plus.
Interested? Call Jeff now at 509-850-5966 or send him your resume at email@example.com
Humanix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.