Responsibilities of the Test Engineer
• Assists in the development of test system hardware, test firmware, and test software. Provides all related documentation for systems and for production testing or works with technical writer assigned to the project to ensure accuracy.
• Coordinates projects and implementation plans for new product introduction.
• Works with technicians that are providing support to the production lines and with technicians assigned to the development project.
• Assists with documenting training parameters and routines for corporate support personnel.
• Provides technical assistance and recommendations to Test, Manufacturing, Product, and Quality Engineers on production feedback and support issues.
• Audits production test performance and failure tracking.
• Understands and develops product testing capacity models.
• Provides input and recommendations for Design for Testability to Test Engineers.
• Assists with Design-for-Test (DFT) reviews.
• Start-up and de-bug of new and modified test fixtures.
• Attends meetings as needed to support organization activity.
• Interfaces with customers as required with the ability to discuss issues of highly technical nature with customers and outside test suppliers.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to achieve corporate and departmental objectives.
Compensation for the Test Engineer
• This position offers a salary of $75K – $85K
• Full benefits are available including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D, Disability Ins, and more!
Requirements of the Test Engineer
• Bachelor of Science degree in electrical or mechanical engineering required – no previous experience necessary.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Ability to operate and have knowledge in using MFG PRO software or similar manufacturing software.
• Ability to interpret test output to aid in trouble shooting of defects.
• Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, statistics, and permutations. Also, must be able to apply mathematical operations to tasks such as frequency distributions, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
• Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and demonstrate the ability to determine critical parameters and develop process controls.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Must be able to read and understand PCA assembly drawings and technical notes.
• Demonstrated ability with technical writing. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to management and technical staff audiences. Ability to stand in front of small to large technical audiences and provide training.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment.
• Sound written and oral communication skills; must be able to write and understand routine reports, follow oral and written instructions, and speak effectively.
• Strong interpersonal skills: ability to relate to and work with diverse groups of people.
• Must have knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment and be familiar with commonly used CAD, email, Internet, word processing, databases, and spreadsheets.
• Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and materials. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
• Previous experience in a testing environment is desired.
• Familiarity with IPC 610 guidelines.
• Experience in Contract Manufacturing and EMS industry desired with an emphasis in supporting an offshore manufacturing facility.
Interested? Please give Jeff a call at 509-850-5966 or send your resume to email@example.com for confidential review
Humanix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.