Our client has an immediate need for a Systems Control Design Engineer in their Spokane office. A privately owned company, they design custom security systems for correction facilities. In addition to design, they offer services that include video, electronic door control, touchscreen programming, intercom, duress systems etc.
The ideal candidate is required to have a solid background and experience in Electronics and Security Systems with the following personal characteristics:
• Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture.
• Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail.
• Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction.
• Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity.
Responsibilities of the Systems Control Design Engineer:
• Design and program million-dollar systems for use in correctional and detention facilities.
• Commission these systems on customer sites and provide Owner training to both Operations staff and Maintenance staff assuring that all systems and components of the facility are designed, installed, tested, operated, and maintained according to the operational requirements of the owner.
• Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, and upgrade PLC hardware, programming software, HMI and HMI support.
• Support, create and deliver simple HMI interfaces that make the equipment easy and intuitive to use out in the field.
• Support PLC/HMI code installation, debug on job site, and commissioning of the complete system.
• Assist and advise design systems to suit the customer specifications through the quoting process.
• Support and oversee wiring of electrical panels and PLCs.
• Testing of program and equipment functions.
• Assure design meets customer specifications and contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Provide a level of troubleshooting support for system issues in the field.
• Assist in the training of new field technicians.
• Play an active role in the testing of equipment prior to field deployment.
• Advise on new approaches, parts, techniques that can make the systems and processes more efficient and cost-effective.
Compensation for Systems Control Design Engineer:
• Salary range is $50,000 – $75,000 DOE
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• Relocation assistance offered
Requirements of the Systems Control Design Engineer:
• 5 years’ experience in engineering.
• PLC, HMI and/or SCADA (Supervisory Control Data Acquisition)
• Programming of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s)
• HMI (Human Machine Interface) Design and Configuration
• Control System Design in accordance with NEC and other local code
• Control System Hardware Specification
• Control System documentation
Qualified candidates are invited to apply with cover letter and resume to:
Humanix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.