This is a hands-on position, working closely with machinists, customers, engineers, and other shop floor and office staff to quickly problem solve and keep work flowing. Continuously develop and implement quality measurement techniques to ensure customer requirements are met.
Compensation for the Quality Engineer
• The salary for this position is $74k – $80k per year
• There are full benefits available which include 401K with match, PTO, Medical, Dental, FSA, EAP, referral bonus, and more!
Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
• Resolve quality issues involving capability, tolerancing and material related issues
• Identify problems, determine solutions, and quickly implement corrective action when non-conformances are found
• Create visual based documentation and operational instruction
• Provide technical process information and documentation for production processes
• Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes; develops measurement standards and techniques
• Maintain effective communication and interfaces with others inside and outside the organization to ensure customer expectations and deadlines are met
• Participate in process control and capabilities studies and activities, including development of Guide Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
• Continually maintain and improve the effectiveness of MacKay’s quality management system. Support company QMS goals and metrics, including internal audits
• Implement daily practices of Lean such as 5S, continuous improvement, and contribute to ongoing process efficiency
• Punctual attendance: at your work area at shift start
• Treat others with respect and maintain a professional attitude
• Be honest in all dealings
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
• Bachelor’s Degree in quality, Engineering, Manufacturing, or related field preferred
• 2 years or more experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO13485 and AS9100 requirements
• High level of technical experience relative to manufacturing and quality including but not limited to, GD&T interpretation, blueprint specifications, regulatory specifications, precision measurement, materials, and processing methods
• Strong mechanical aptitude, analytical and a problem solver
• Demonstrated ability to build rapport and professional relationships at all levels
• Strong written and interpersonal skills
• Advanced computer navigation and software skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, ERP & Timekeeping software systems
• CMM and visual inspection software experience preferred
Interested? Apply now or email your resume to Jeff at firstname.lastname@example.org for confidential review.
Humanix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.