The Quality Assurance Manager coordinates and leads all aspects of the Quality Assurance and Food Safety Programs. Primary duties are to assure that all company manufactured and distributed products, and manufacturing/warehousing processes meet all legal, customer, consumer and SQF standards and specifications. Other duties include overseeing all laboratory operations, supervising QA Technicians and investigating/resolving consumer complaints.
Compensation for the Quality Assurance Manager
• $70k – $85k Per Year
• Bonus Plan
• Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance, 401K, PTO, Paid Holidays, and more!
Responsibilities for the Quality Assurance Manager
• Supervise and direct Quality Assurance staff consisting of QA Technicians
• Performs the role of SQF practitioner for the facility, responsible for the development, implementation, oversight, and continuous improvement of the SQF 2000 program.
• Responsible for the Food Safety and Food Quality functions of the SQF program, overseeing both programs and ensuring dissemination of regulatory requirements and compliance with raw material and finished product specifications
• Monitor products and process performance with respect to compliance to established SQF, government, customer, company standards, and good manufacturing practice
• Maintain the production laboratory equipment, chemicals, reagents, and supplies that are required to perform production and laboratory Quality Assurance functions
• Provide laboratory expertise and performance necessary to analyze product raw materials for:
o Microbiological integrity: i.e., standard plate count, yeast, and mols
o Chemical: i.e., brix, acid, B/A ratio, oil, and pulp content
o Physical for visual defects
o Organoleptic: Flavor, aroma, and appearance of juice and other raw materials as necessary
• Provide laboratory expertise and performance necessary to analyze and control finished products within their specifications for microbiological, chemical, physical, and organoleptic requirements
• Maintain and control sample inventory of products (juice) in cold room for shelf life determination, and shipment to customers as required under license or co-pack agreement or as requested, and to assure (quality) Auditor/SQF standards and GMP’s
• Provide laboratory reports to customers as required by license agreement or as requested
• Prepare and ship samples accordingly
• Maintain laboratory records for all production items through their shelf life and/or as required by federal or state regulation (21 CFR Part 110 Current Good Manufacturing Practices). SQF to assure quality
• HACCP documentation including HTST pasteurization charts, master sanitation schedule, plant sanitation, and CIP procedures. Maintains charts on file (21 CFR Part 110 current Good Manufacturing Practices)
• Program leader of GMP, plant sanitation and SQF self-audits conducted on appropriate and periodic intervals
• Maintain pest control program and interact with outside contractor for pest control system
• Special assignments upon request of Vice President, Operations
• HACCP program leader, point person, reviewer of documents
• Set up the running of flavor test panels, report findings
• Product formula sheets preparation
• Audit preparation of documentation for all customers and outside source audits, act as audit guide during audits
Requirements for the Quality Assurance Manager
• Bachelor’s degree in food science or related field and 7 to 10 years of related quality control and/or experience in the laboratory
• Basic PC knowledge and experience with work processing and spreadsheet software
• Knowledge of government regulations pertaining to food processing, packaging, and labeling preferred
• Technical knowledge of the packages and products manufactured
• Able to understand and maintain the basic element of Quality Assurance and Food Safety (SQF), i.e., adherence to specifications, compliance with food laws and regulations, food sanitation, insect and pest control, and food safety programs such as HACCP
• The individual is disciplined, process oriented; demonstrates solid analytical and issue resolution skills
Interested? Let’s talk!! Apply now, or you can email your resume to Jeff at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call him directly at 509-850-5966!
Humanix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.