We are searching for a Production Manager in the Spokane/CDA area! This role is ultimately responsible for the smooth running of all production related functions and the quality & quantity of output. This position will have a deep know-how in welding and production procedures. The ability to manage and direct personnel towards maximum performance will set this person out as a leader. Planning, decision-making, and problem-solving are essential skills for this role. The primary goal is to ensure an efficient and productive fabrication process that meets project & customer requirements.
Compensation for the Production Manager
• $80,000 – $90,0000 per year, depending on experience
• Full benefits are available including Medical, Dental, Vision, Holiday Pay, PTO, and 401k!
Responsibilities for the Production Manager
• Coordinate with Project Management to plan production schedule for each job, implement and manage the production schedule.
• Monitor schedules and shop budgets.
• Manage production staff and resources to meet production targets while ensuring quality control of product.
• Review shop fabrication drawings for type of work, potential problems, missing information, manpower requirements, degree of difficulty (i.e., light fit, heavy fit, AESS, types of finish/primer etc…) to ensure fabrication details are not missing information, including weld symbols.
• Coordinate with purchasing, estimated time of arrival for materials and plan manpower accordingly.
• Coordinate with the shop foreman and provide input/direction on fabrication work procedures.
• Lead and mentor personnel, monitor and review performance, and identify training needs.
• Manage shipping, receiving, and painting.
• Program the Dragon for projects as needed.
• Perform the administrator duties of the company safety program, to ensure GBS is compliant with all OSHA requirements.
• Establish and maintain a professional relationship with upper management, department managers, customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
• Maintain GBS AISC program per the current duties as purchasing manager, quality control manager, quality control inspector. Keep all welder certificates, WPS, PQR’s, continuity log and welder preventative maintenance records updated. Maintain all shop equipment. Maintain calibration of all shop tools as required.
• Responsible for the SDS program.
• Fill in as required whenever there is a shortage of shop personnel.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the Production Manager
• Proven experience as production manager.
• Deep understanding of all AWS sections that is typically in our scope of work and experience using SAW, GMAW, GTAW, SMAW, and FCAW code welding procedures.
• Ability to read and interpret drawings.
• Understand and utilize budgeting concepts.
• Experience in reporting on key production metrics.
• Proficient in Tekla EPM, MS Office Word, Excel, and Email software.
• Must utilize professional communication skills both verbal and written with upper management and subordinates.
• Excellent organizational and leaderships skills.
• Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach.
• Positive attitude, solution oriented and have the ability to motivate others.
Interested? Let’s talk!! Apply now, or you can email your resume to Jeff at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call him directly at 509-850-5966!
Humanix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.