Our client, a Construction General Contractor, is at the top of their game offering Construction Management, Design Build and Pre-Construction services in the areas of Healthcare, Hospitality, Industrial, Higher Education, Office Buildings, Public Works, Restaurants, Retail, and Tenant Improvements.
The company strives to attract talented individuals that are high achievers, emotionally intelligent, open minded, strategic, dedicated, loyal, dependable, and results driven people that adhere to the ‘Extreme Ownership’ philosophy. Employees are their number one asset and therefore recognized for their individual accomplishment.
Responsibilities of the PE3 Cost Engineer:
• Assist in all aspects of a construction project, including preconstruction, bidding, construction/operations, project close-out, and warranty.
• Subcontract and Purchase Order administration.
• Change management administration.
• Project accounting; including job cost, owner billings, subcontractor/vendor invoice processing, lien waivers.
• Project financial closeout.
• Manage project documentation control, including organizing, maintaining, and updating plan updates (ASI’s, CCD’s, etc.), RFI’s and responses, submittals, correspondence, and logs, and taking and distributing meeting minutes.
• Participate in bid activities, including bid review, procuring adequate scope coverage, and estimating.
• General knowledge of building construction, materials, means and methods, scheduling, project accounting and cost control procedures, general contract structure, construction administration, general conditions, subcontract documents, construction drawings and specifications.
• Can effectively search, navigate, and interpret contract documents (plans, specifications, RFI’s, ASI’s, CCD’s, etc.).
Compensation of the PE3 Cost Engineer::
Competitive salary range and full benefit package.
Requirements of the PE3 Cost Engineer:
• Bachelor of Science in Construction Management or Engineering preferred.
• Prior experience as Project Engineer I (or similar position at previous employer).
• Administrative and project accounting support for project management team.
• Strong working knowledge of accounting and cost control procedures.
• LEED / Green Building principles and requirements.
• OSHA 30-hour (desired).
• SWPPP certification (desired).
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft office suite programs; specifically, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
• Proficient in scheduling and tracking software tools such as MS Project, P6 (Primavera), and/or Suretrack.
• Familiarity with change management in Vista (ViewPoint) software.
Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply to sclevenger @humanix.com
Humanix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.