Job #: 107500c
Date Posted: 12/05/2023
Title: Outpatient Services Coordinator - Temporary
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
Salary Range: $20 Per Hour
Job Type: Temporary
Currently seeking a temporary Outpatient Services Coordinator for this healthcare organization in Coeur d’Alene ID. This is a temporary position expected to last approximately 13 weeks. Interested? Please read on if you are a good fit!
• Great hourly wage
• Earn money for the holiday season!
• Wonderful opportunity to gain experience
Compensation for the Outpatient Services Coordinator
• $20 Per Hour
• Monday – Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm, occasionally 5 pm
• This is a temporary position expected to last approximately 13 weeks
Responsibilities for the Outpatient Services Coordinator
• Comply with all confidentiality and HIPAA standards
• Responsible for coordinating activities related to scheduling patients and procedures, referrals, prior authorizations, and insurance paperwork using a top-rated, customer service focus at all times
• Function as the communication center for the unit/clinic regarding all patient care, patient location, patient activities, and is able to provide information and direction as needed
• May enter orders, procedures, labs, and multiple tests regarding the care of patients while in the outpatient areas.
• Ensure patient demographics and insurance information is maintained in appropriate scheduling systems
• Communicate basic financial policies pertaining to insurance coverage, collects copays, deductibles, and self-pay payments
• Obtain referrals and pre-authorizations as required and processes charges
• Generate reports, handle multiple projects, and prepare and monitor invoices and expense reports per leadership
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements for the Outpatient Services Coordinator
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• 2 Years of experience as a Health Unit Coordinator, Administrative Assistant, Scheduler OR an equivalent combination of related education and experience required
• Working knowledge of medical terminology, confidentiality, HIPAA, and electronic health record systems preferred
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field
• Regular and predictable attendance is an essential job function
• Competent to meet age specific needs of the unit assigned
• Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills along with the ability to maintain complete confidentiality, and sophistication in social and professional settings
• Professional demeanor and appearance
Seem like a good fit? Give our office a call at 509-467-0062 and ask for a recruiter or apply online today!
Humanix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.