Our Spokane Valley client, an international manufacturing company, offers a fast-paced environment with a team-based and supportive culture. Company growth is driving this Material Quote Specialist position. Join this local fantastic company with international reach.
Responsibility of the Material Quote Specialist
This position will manage assigned quote project(s) with little or no supervision. Provide on time most strategic, competitive, and accurate final Material Quote(s). Develop mutually beneficial business relationships with key strategic suppliers to achieve best overall material cost.
• Deliver/present accurate and comprehensive electronic component quotes based upon a combination of financial analysis, component/industry experience, and rational reasoning.
• Apply logic and sanity check all material and other costs. Ensure lowest possible material costs before quotes are routed for signatures.
• Work with Quote Team Management, Business Development Management, and Program Management to ensure customer satisfaction goals and objectives through on-time delivery of competitive, clear, concise, and valid quotes.
• Oversees the material quoting process with suppliers based on assigned commodities.
• Able to manage multiple projects concurrently while meeting tight deadlines.
• Communicate clearly and concisely.
• Identify any constraints that may impede or prevent projects from being completed on time and escalate issues as necessary to Quote Team management and Quote Coordinators to ensure a successful project outcome.
• Ensure that quote schedules are met, priorities are observed, and deviations are communicated to the Quote Coordinators.
• Perform individual analysis of incoming quotes for accuracy, using logic and experience to resolve cost issues before entry finalization.
• Work with Engineering to decide ‘make/buy decisions’ based on the data and facts collected throughout the project.
• Keep the Quote Team management and Quote Coordinators informed as issues are identified and major milestones are achieved.
• Analyze multi-level indented BOM’s and customer documentation.
• Run and analyze Quoting software inputs and outputs.
• Work with suppliers and internal stakeholders on continuous improvement initiatives.
Compensation for the Material Quote Specialist
The company offers competitive salaries and benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Vacation, Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, and 401K. Additionally, the company provides a wellness program because they care about the wellbeing of their employees inside and outside of the workplace.
Requirements of the Material Quote Specialist
• Knowledge of electronics industry
• Three – four years quoting experience with strong knowledge of MRP systems and BOM’s.
• CPIM, CPM, or other related certification.
• Experience in Contract Manufacturing and EMS industry desired with an emphasis in supporting an offshore manufacturing facility.
• Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish, Vietnamese, and/or Chinese.
• Broad & deep knowledge of electronics (including ability to find alternates), sources and their performance, pricing, and delivery channel.
• One to two years’ experience in manufacturing planning, quoting, negotiations, or supplier relations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering
• Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment.
• Sound written and oral communication skills; must be able to write and understand routine reports, follow oral and written instructions, and speak effectively.
• Must have knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment, and be familiar with commonly used email, Internet, word processing, databases and spreadsheets.
• Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and materials. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to email@example.com
Humanix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.