We are immediately hiring for the position of Manufacturing Manager for this Spokane, WA manufacturing facility.
The Production Manager will report to the Director of Operations. Cooperatively, this position will develop and execute plans to meet operational objectives. Production’s primary goals include managing operations within the facility to achieve required output. This includes tracking, managing, and reporting of manufacturing, assembly, procurement, quality control, shipping, outside process/vendor management and continuous improvement of the company’s production processes. Utilize and manage department Supervisors to ensure activities are carried out efficiently and effectively and that results are on-schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives. The person in this position is a key driver of Key Performance Indicators.
• Drives manufacturing excellence to deliver quality products, reduce lead times, and ensure cost competitiveness
• Works closely with Director of Operations to develop and maintain high level company strategies and long-term vision
• Act as a change agent to establish and maintain continuous improvement and other Lean initiatives in alignment with company strategy
• Ability to translate high level company objectives into department level tactical plans required to achieve overall performance
• Delivers progress and production reports to leadership team routinely and as required including metrics dashboard
• Ensures that the departmental decisions and projects including staffing, department development, materials efficiency, hardware and software acquisitions, and facilities improvements are in line with the company’s business plan and vision
• Directly manage assigned personnel including, employee relations, performance appraisals, discipline and termination and career development
• Assists in development and implementation of safety awareness programs, communicates safety issues, corrects safety related problems, and assists in investigations into safety related issues as needed and as directed
• Partners with and supports internal business areas including Sales, Quality, Engineering, Accounting, and HR
• Establish, implement, and hold personnel accountable for metrics and benchmarks for productivity, safety, delivery, and quality across all functions and for all deliverables
Well-lit and clean with moderate noise level. Position may have direct contact with various metal materials as well as occasional chemical (Acetone) exposure during part cleaning
• Full benefits are included in this position; Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401k with match, Profit Sharing, Holiday Pay, PTO, and more!
• Salary range is $85k – $110k yearly
• Sit or stand for long periods of time
• Fine hand motor manipulation
• Ability to use hand and foot controls
Required education and experience
• Previous Manufacturing and Management experience required; Aerospace experience preferred
• Experience working with manufacturing-based technology, processes and principles, including Lean manufacturing and project management practices, and understanding of influences on costs, gross margin, quality, and delivery required
• Knowledge of ISO and OSHA, and other related legal and environmental regulations required. Experience working within the requirements of NADCAP processes preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and experience with enterprise resource planning system required
Preferred education and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, operations management, or related field preferred.
• ASQ certified Six Sigma or Lean Green Belt, Black Belt, or Quality Engineer preferred.
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
• Must be authorized to work in the US1
• Must pass pre-employment drug screening
• Must meet pre-employment background screening requirements including those required under US Export Control Regulations (ITAR)2
For immediate consideration, please call Jeff at 509-850-5966! You can also send your resume directly to Jeff at email@example.com
Humanix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.