A privately owned and reputable Heavy Civil contractor that specializes in underground utilities, pipe, concrete, excavation, grading, and road reconstruction projects for over 60 years in Utah is looking for an experienced Superintendent. This company also performs work as a key subcontractor for municipalities, state, and privately funded developments and is going through a tremendous growth period and has a strong backlog secured for the future. This is a very unique opportunity to be a part of something special for the long term as they expand and also have valued and direct input on their day to day operations while also taking over for the retiring person who’s in this position now.
Responsibilities of the General Superintendent
• Oversee company field Operations
Plan and direct construction activities on project sites
Make sure crews are being safe
Schedule all crews out on work/projects
Drive production goals – make sure crews are hitting or exceeding bid budgets
Drive and keep crews on schedule
Assist Foreman in ordering and scheduling materials
Assist Foreman on each project as needed to complete scope of work
Schedule and coordinate subcontractors
Train, develop and mentor all field personnel
Assist in maintaining, hiring, and disciplining field personnel
Maintain and lead compliance with all owner specifications
Work with crews to quickly identify problems and efficiently solve them
•Lead safety for ALL field Operations
Help to continue driving developing and driving company’s safety culture
Comply, understand, foster, and lead safe work environment/safety practice
Lead Weekly Safety Meeting with Foreman Group
Follow-up on Projects to make sure Foreman are having weekly safety meetings with their crews
Assist in making sure all safety needs are met
Assist in educating or setting up on going safety training needs or requirements
• Assist company Operations as needed to complete work at-hand – this may require jumping in and running a project and/or helping one of our crews run a project
• Responsible for collecting, reviewing, and approving all field time cards daily
• Work with company Mechanic to ensure all equipment is working safely and properly. Work out schedules for repairs and maintenance as needed.
• Assist company Management in maintaining and determining equipment needs and upgrades
• Comply, understand, foster, and lead environmental measures on our projects
• Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and company profit
• Ability to work as needed to make sure our projects are running smooth
• Develop and maintain good rapport with subcontractors, inspectors, owners, and engineers
• Monitor equipment and personnel resources for all construction jobs
• Assist in helping company to continue to grow positive – SAFETY, QUALITY, INTEGRITY, HONESTY, FAIRNESS, COMMUNITY
• Assist Project Managers to prepare bid documents and develop pre-construction/construction schedules
• Assist Project Managers on the financial responsibilities for project
Compensation for the General Superintendent:
Competitive base salary, bonus incentives, company vehicle, gas card, benefits after 90 days, 401k, PTO/vacation.
Requirements of the General Superintendent:
8-10 years of Superintendent experience.
Experience with underground utilities, pipe, excavation, grading, and or road reconstructs. Concrete experience is a plus.
Heavy civil at-risk general construction experience.
For confidential consideration email your resume to Jason at email@example.com.
Humanix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.