Our client is a global business leading the transformation of the energy sector. Shifting the paradigm, they help customers use technology to transform energy into new opportunities, so they can thrive and drive progress, across the world. We are a global company with strong roots in the energy field and an open strategy geared towards digitalization, sustainability and innovation. They use smart, simple and fast technologies to help customers discover a new way of using energy, all over the world
This is a year long contract with the possibility of extension.
We are seeking an electrical engineer to help develop and maintain operating knowledge of electrical equipment used in energy storage systems, applications and electrical equipment used in general energy storage applications.
Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer:
• Develop and maintain expert operating knowledge of electrical equipment (e.g. inverters, battery systems, etc.) used in energy storage applications. This Includes developing and maintaining good working relationships with equipment manufacturers.
• Participate in selecting off-the-shelf energy storage system hardware components or R&D lab test equipment that meets technical and business needs.
• Assist as needed in laboratory experiments and tests that may be led and/or requested by other engineers. Present technical solution alternatives to peers, partners, and customers. Respond in real time to concerns, answer questions, and generate logical alternatives in a knowledgeable and articulate manner.
• Develop sound alternatives for integrating new ESS solutions into the R&D Lab environment. Includes 1-line drawings, physical location, electrical and comms integration. Specify interconnect details when required. For assigned designs, create equipment and material specifications for procurement of engineered equipment as well as development of design scope and cost estimates. All designs to be properly released in Arena product data management system.
• Evaluate performance of energy storage systems solutions consistent with overall Behind the Meter (BtM) hardware product roadmap strategy with close collaboration with SW engineering team and HW PM Manager and balance of EE peer group; can include start-up/commissioning, test & characterization, DER.OS integration analysis, SW adaptor map testing, regression test development and execution. Can also include development or evaluation of new functionality on an existing BESS such as micro-grid capability.
• May include design of ancillary hardware to integrate the ESS. Designs to conform to applicable regulations, codes, and operator standards, US and International.
• Provide factory-based support to remote field operations when deeper knowledge of the hardware and software systems is required.
• Contribute to fielded/site electrical designs primarily through plan reviews from the perspective of expert equipment knowledge.
• Work with and adhere to Agile development philosophies for any production software and hardware solutions: Participate in product development daily face-to-face stand-up meetings to report progress and issues. Makes continuous priority adjustments in plans per agreed schedule vs. scope tradeoffs during Sprint cycles.
• Ability to understand business requirements and develop technical requirements for designs; includes specifying hardware, drafting block diagrams with interconnection and electrical safety schema, and defining interactive software capabilities required. Influences consistent collaborative development with software engineers in a reciprocal peer relationship.
• Collaborates with the team of engineers to set new directions as new technologies present themselves to improve the product and engineering department.
Compensation for the Engineering Manager:
Salary DOE: $50 – $60/hour
Interested in a confidential conversation about this position? Call or send a text to Jeff at 509-850-5966.
Requirements of the Electrical Engineer:
BS, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience; Industrial Automation or power engineering specialty a plus
• 4+ years of general EE experience. Power engineering or inverter knowledge and operation experience a plus.
• Experience with embedded microprocessor systems, standalone applications, and web-based systems is highly desired.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with HW and SW development engineers
• Must be able to give constructive direction and mentoring to less-senior engineers, technicians, and electricians.
• Experience with various communications protocols is a plus o RS232, RS485, SPI, HTTP, TCP/IP, REST, Modbus.
• Understanding of electrical engineering discipline and the design and test of complex automation/control systems.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate (oral & written) with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with electrical, mechanical, software engineers, and technicians, as well as other technical resources across the organization.