Our client, based in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, is adding an electrical/controls engineer to their team. This is a smaller local company that is part of a larger international organization – so you really get the best of both worlds. In this family-oriented environment, you will help develop leading technologies and services for the sustainable use of Earth’s natural resources. In this role, you will have a broad range of duties from design, programming, delivering, and tuning of electrical controls systems.
Responsibilities for the Electrical/Controls Engineer:
Assist with overall electrical / control system design, electrical equipment and instrumentation specification, and process control system tuning in industrial boiler / power plant applications.
Prepare piping & instrumentation diagrams (P&ID’s), control philosophies, logic diagrams, burner management systems (BMS) or safety integrated systems (SIS), and process control systems, including PLC’s, HMI’s, and/or DCS’s.
Prepare standard electrical equipment and instrumentation specifications related to:
• Electrical Distribution Systems
• Control Panels
• Motor Control Centers
• Electric Motors
• Boiler Controls
• Process Instrumentation
Produce electrical / control system design calculations and drawings for appropriateness, accuracy and completeness.
Participate in project field activities including checkout and startup activities on-site including PID control loop tuning.
Operate computer-assisted engineering or design software or equipment to perform engineering tasks.
Inspect manufacturing of equipment & perform FAT testing.
Compensation for the Electrical/Controls Engineer:
Salary 85k – 100k DOE. Attractive Benefit package including 401k Match.
Qualifications for the Electrical/Controls Engineer
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in electrical, instrumentation and control engineering
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
• Professional Engineering Registration or ability to become registered a plus
• Skills to coordinate between internal project resources, customers, and suppliers
• Specific expertise in Rockwell PLC and HMI programming a must. Siemens PLC and HMI programming experience a plus.
• Familiarity with NFPA 85 and/or EN 746-2 burner safety management codes & regulations and NEC (desirable).
• Ability to manage multiple assignments, priorities, and deadlines
• Willingness to travel, occasionally for extended periods during plant commissioning.
Interested? Call or text Jeff at 509-850-5966 or chat now: https://flashrecruit.com/user/JeffToneyInterested? Chat with me now!