Our client is the oldest and largest independent, family-owned distributor of waterworks, irrigation, pumps, and wastewater treatment equipment in America, serving both private and public entities. The company offers a culture that values and encourages employee initiative and supports learning and personal growth in the business. Additionally, the company has a well-earned reputation for treating their employees right as is evidenced by the long-term tenure among their staff. You will receive a competitive wage, bonus, and an excellent benefit package along with work-life balance.
The Divisional Estimator will provide high quality estimating for an assigned region of the company. As an Estimator, you will be expected to produce superior quotations for large and complex projects. You will procure and review competitive and accurate supplier quotes and develop efficient project expedition and completion which offers the greatest chance of successful sales.
This is a remote position working from home that will report to the Boise branch office.
• Independently complete accurate and thorough takeoffs (including specifications, pricing, freight, etc.), meeting deadlines and expectations of both company and customer in terms of both production/output and quality.
• Locate, qualify, and coordinate upcoming bids within the region, and proactively communicate with the sales team to design and implement successful bid strategies.
• Thoroughly follow-up on all bids; assist with job tracking, updating bid board with low bidders, and/or coordinating all aspects of the bidding process with other staff, as designated.
• Responsible for completing detailed and itemized material quantity estimates from owner or contractor furnished plan sets.
• Work well with all external parties on all aspects of project bidding, including but not limited to project clarifications, value-added options and material alternative suggestions, product specifications and changes, etc.
• Procedural and reporting compliance.
• Communicate effectively with consulting engineers regarding project questions and problems, knowing who to appropriately discuss questions or concerns with- sales or engineers.
• Establish a professional and ethical rapport with key customers, vendors, and internal contacts to understand the overall market picture and stay aware of work and market conditions
• Help develop and maintain specification tools and resources for job efficiency and accuracy.
• Act as a company resource for product knowledge, operational expertise, training and mentoring, process improvements, and initiative/goal achievement.
•Participate in personal professional development, including staying abreast of new or improved products and construction methods, successfully incorporating new knowledge into bids and team development.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Competitive salary with bonus and great benefit package. Work-life balance is important.
• At least 2 years’ experience as a waterworks estimator with a direct competitor, and/or in a related field (specific industry experience required), with a proven track record of producing high output of high complexity estimating.
• At least 1-year relevant project management experience.
• Strong math and computer skills, as well as an eye for detail.
• Good understanding of blueprints including plan & profile views, elevations, topographical, etc.
• Able to use discretion regarding pricing tools and all general decision making.
• Can operate within and prioritize under tight deadlines.
• Able to interact positively with all types of coworkers and customers with effective and professional written and oral communication.
• Able to operate in a high-paced, demanding environment under a variety of conditions.
• Can work overtime when necessary and/or required.
• Able to self-guide work prioritization and completion; work with little to no direct supervision.
• Must pass pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
Education & Experience:
• BS/BA degree preferred
• 2-5 years of experience in related field
For consideration, interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Humanix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.