Our client is based in Boise, ID and is making a real impact in our community. We are seeking a Director of the Architecture and Engineering department. This department is the critical core of the business that links the Sales and Design departments to the Manufacturing facilities.
The primary responsibility of the department is to produce detailed permit and production floor drawings for modular construction fabrication. This person is responsible for expanding and managing the team of Project Managers, Engineers, Detailers, Drafters, Materials Specialists and Take-off Analysts to ensure deadlines are met and communications are timely, effective, and positive.
Responsibilities of Director of Architecture and Engineering:
• Manage the preparation and review of detailed plans, drawings and other documents for manufacturing to specify the exact detailing requirements for each stage of our housing production
• Work closely with the Sales, Design, Procurement and Production departments
• Engage in valuable thought partnership with the Leadership team around product development and business planning issues
Compensation and benefits for the Director of Architecture and Engineering:
Our client believes in creating a real and lasting opportunity for employees and investing in their communities. The competitive compensation package includes salary commensurate with experience, profit sharing and benefits including 100% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, and paid maternity and paternity leave.
Requirements of the Director of Architecture and Engineering:
• Proven experience successfully managing an architecture and/or engineering team producing high quality work from concept to highly detailed construction documents
• 5+ years’ experience in similar role
• Strong Revit skills; proficiency i n Navisworks, StructSoft MWF, AutoCAD and SketchUp desired
• Solid working knowledge of structural and mechanical engineering principles
• Extensive code and permitting experience on both IRC and IBC projects i n multiple jurisdictions
• Computer knowledge and efficiency, especially i n cloud-based software, such as Google G-Suite, Slack, ClickUp, etc.
• Modular industry and/or manufacturing process knowledge a plus
• Bachelors or advanced degree in architecture or engineering required, professional designation strongly preferred
• Excellent management, organization, and communication skills
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Highly process oriented
For a confidential discussion about this Director of Architecture and Engineering position, please call Jeff Toney at Humanix 509.850-5966 or email resume to email@example.com.
Humanix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.