Our client located in North Idaho is adding a Project Manager / Estimator due to growth. The ideal candidate will have strong desire to learn the company’s processes and values in order to grow with the company. Join a company culture that focuses on a team environment, professionalism, and quality of expectations for the customer service they provide their clients.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager / Estimator:
This position controls construction costs by reviewing approved building plans and specifications. As the Estimator you will solicit bids from qualified subcontractors and suppliers and prepare a final bid proposal for submission. As the Project Manager responsibilities include project scheduling, owner correspondence, resource management assistance, and general direction of all operations of the assigned job site. Management responsibilities include ensuring profitability, meeting production goals, and pricing of extra work. Will work with other estimators to estimate assigned portions of projects during the job bidding process. Excellent organizational and communication skills are essential. Computer literacy is required.
• Responsible for developing and mentoring construction field supervision staff and overall project team.
• Ensure that construction staff has the appropriate training and development essential to meet client objectives.
• Monitor field staff performance and interface with construction client Project Managers and Resident Engineers on all facets of assigned projects to ensure client satisfaction.
• Responsible for meeting construction management budget and schedule objectives including the responsibility for the development of short- and long-term schedule, phasing and sequencing strategies.
• Assist with business development and growth activities, including client visitation, and proposal writing.
• Implements Safety, Quality, and Ethical Standards in accordance with official Company policies.
• Reinforces the compliance of field safety regulations by all field personnel.
• Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect Company’s interest, maintain good relationships with Clients.
• Is responsible for the overall profit and loss of each job and proactively seeks profit opportunities on each project.
Compensation for the Project Manager / Estimator:
• Base salary
• Annual bonus based on company profitability and personal performance at owner’s discretion
• 401k match program at 3%
• Health, dental, vision benefits
• Life insurance policy.
• Great company culture where your contribution matters
Requirements of the Estimator / Project Manager:
• Two- or Four-Year College Degree in Construction Estimating preferred, but not mandatory or a minimum of 5 years of successful experience as a Project Manager / Estimator.
• Strong work ethic.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints and specifications.
• Working knowledge of Pro Estimating (or similar), Foundation Software (or similar), Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Primavera P6 Scheduling Software.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills with proficient listening abilities.
• Able to interact with a wide variety of personalities.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems in a timely fashion while making sound decision based on objectives, risks, implications, and costs.
Interested and qualified applicants, please apply with your resume to Susan at email@example.com
Humanix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.