Our construction client is a family-owned company that has been in business for the past 35 years operating as a commercial general contractor in the state of Utah. They pride themselves on having a solid foundation and an excellent reputation among their clients. Projects include multifamily/multi-unit, senior housing, hospitality, retail, office buildings, municipal buildings, storage units, tilt-ups, banks, and other assorted projects. Additionally, they offer services in design-build and construction management.
• Getting to know your fellow employees will help to support you in this role as the company’s moto is “people first” where you are not just a number, but everyone knows one another by name.
Construction Estimator Description:
• You do not have to go it alone as you will be part of an estimating team of 3, reporting to the Director of Estimating. The estimating department’s philosophy is ‘building relationships’ with sub-contractors. You will be an outgoing individual that is comfortable taking potential clients to lunch and putting your personal touch on the company’s service. In this role, you will receive training and be groomed for advancement as you learn and grow with the company.
Compensation for the Construction Estimator:
• Salary: DOE
• Bonus: Discretionary
o Health insurance
o Dental insurance
o Vision insurance
o Disability insurance
o Life insurance
o 401(k) matching
o Flexible spending account
o Paid time off
Requirements of the Construction Estimator:
• The ideal candidate will have both ‘hard bid’ experience and ‘negotiated’/’conceptual’ experience with estimating ground up project experience that ranges from $1M-$1.5M.
• High school or equivalent
• College degree (preferred)
• 4 years construction estimating experience for a general contractor
• Hard bid and conceptual estimating experience
• Relationship building skills
• Clear and fluent knowledge of computers and experience working with Excel spreadsheets
• Proficient with On-Screen Takeoff/Planswift and Microsoft Office
• Familiar with SmartBid and CAD programs
A detailed job description of responsibilities will be provided to candidates that meet the above requirements.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org