Now hiring for an Application Engineer for this company headquartered in Liberty Lake, WA! This is one of the largest manufacturers of interconnect products in the world with a global vision to connect people with technology. Markets served include IT Datacom, Mobile Devices, Mobile Networks, and Broadband. Additionally, our client serves Industrial, Automotive, Commercial Aerospace, and Military markets. The goal is simple – develop leading technologies that enhance the performance of our customers’ products, systems, and networks.
The Applications Engineer II provides technical support to sales, marketing, engineering, manufacturing, and customers to support this company’s products. Provides responsive and pro-active technical support on form, fit, and function of existing products, new products, product application questions, compatibility questions, product failures and de-bug support, installation, and operating questions.
Compensation for the Application Engineer
• $30 – $35 per hour DOE
• Employee benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA accounts, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, STD, LTD, Life, AD&D, Retirement with match, Flexible Schedules, Holiday Pay, Vacation Pay, and Sick Pay
Responsibilities for the Application Engineer
• Able to provide technical support in the handling of technical questions that are posed by sales, customers, distributors, etc. Technical support includes installation, application, and compatibility issues
• Provides layout drawings and material lists to sales for standard and custom combinations of products
• Reviews requests for quotes and assists product managers and sales in the preparation of quotes as requested
• Participates in review of new product designs in order to learn and aid engineering in the development of new products
• Assists in the development of technical manuals as well as application and installation documents, both during new product development as well as updating older product documentation
• Assists in evaluating the functional characteristics of new and existing products for conformance to industry standards
• Interfaces with customers to provide technical input on product requirements documents for the development of New Products and iterations of existing products
• Creates customer drawings and BOMs for products
• Provides assistance to personnel to develop technical presentations
• Develops Visio models from internal engineering drawings.
• Demonstrates integrity in all business activities
• Works on tasks centered around activities that have moderate exposure for the company and the customer
• Follows up with customers to ensure that problems are resolved
• Contributes to the establishment of goals and receives assignments for those goals
• Interacts with people to build productive working relationships
• Participates in team projects
• Receives detailed work assignments and assistance to help achieve technical project completion
• Develops an understanding of technical and organizational processes, practices, and methods
• Works on detailed assignments or on small projects that have an international application
• Understands and applies international standards and practices as directed
• Customer site visits for on-site troubleshooting
• Answers customer calls for advanced technical support
Requirements for the Application Engineer
• 4-7 years’ experience in technical support
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field, or the equivalent in directly related work experience
• Ability to understand basic engineering concepts, theories and applications related to engineering
• Telecommunications or fiber optic industry experience preferred
• Proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, databases, and E-mail software, preferably with Microsoft Office products
• Experience with Solidworks is a plus
Interested? Give Jeff a call now at 509-850-5966 or send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for confidential review.
Humanix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.