Preferred locations VA, MD, DC
Responsibilities of the Key Account Manager – Defense / Government Position:
This is an exciting opportunity for you to make your mark and achieve success in sales while contributing to the growth of the company. Our client is thriving and is solid during these challenging times of Covid19. The company designs, manufactures, and services mission critical power distribution, surge protection, HEMP surge protection and filters, testing equipment, cables, connectors, and antenna solutions. For over 35 years, they have served the telecommunication, commercial, industrial, military, and various other markets.
Working remotely from your home office, you will set up your sales contacts and domestic travel arrangements for client visits. Reporting to the Director of Sales-Industrial/Defense, the ideal candidate will possess strategic sales experience, extensive phone contact, account development, and a proven track record in profitable growth. In this role you will bring your technical sales experience of selling to military contractors and the armed forces with a demonstrated track record in meeting customer needs. Additionally, you will travel, visit customers, manager sales reps, support distribution and target new customers to grow sales and gain market share.
Compensation for the Account Manager – Defense / Government Position:
Competitive base salary plus bonus.
Full suite of company benefits to include:
• Company Match 401k Plan
• Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
• Company Sponsored Life and AD & D Policy
• Paid Holiday and Time Off Policy
• Education Assistance Program
Requirements of the Account Manager – Defense / Government Position:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in business, technology, electrical or related fields.
• 5 years strategic sales experience, technical sales background, extensive phone contact, account development, and a proven track record in profitable sales growth in the military market.
• Written and verbal telephone and face-to-face communication, management, rapport building, teamwork and follow through skills, with proficiency in professional grammar and public speaking.
• Technical sales to meet customer needs.
• Experienced with subsystems and integrated solutions on military projects for all military branches.
• In-depth knowledge of product line and processes, market trends and the marketplace.
• Experience in CAPA/TINA submittal process is a plus.
• Computer fluency with appropriate detail orientation and typing skills to maintain and communicate the required database prospects, clients, projections, reports and all relevant communication and presentations on current company software programs.
• Applicants should be proficient with Microsoft Office, Windows, and Online Chat to support software.
• Strong listening and organizational capacities with significant detail orientation and accuracy.
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects, people, and accounts simultaneously with strong organizational skills and efficient time management.
• Ability to participate and add to the overall effectiveness of the Company sales, recruitment & retention efforts.
• Availability to travel domestically 50% to 75%. (Virtual sales indefinitely during Covid-19)
A more detailed job description will be provided to qualified candidates.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Jeff Toney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Humanix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.